Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Carrot, Ginger & Cilantro Soup

I dream about food. A lot! On some days - the only thing that helps me get through the day is browsing and slow cooking recipes while deciding what to make for dinner. It's funny how therapeutic cooking is for me. :)

Yesterday, I saw on FB that a friend had posted that they had Corn on the Cob and Carrot Soup for dinner. I read that very briefly while switching subway lines, but swear I couldn't stop thinking about it since. Thanks to a Saturday well spent (at the local Farmers market and Wegmans) - the fridge was well stocked and I had all the ingredients I thought I needed to make that much wanted Soup!


1 Medium Sized Onion finely chopped
5 Medium Carrots, peeled and grated
Vegetable Stock & Water (Adjust as needed)
1-2 tbsp Ginger

Freshly Ground Pepper
Fresh Cilantro
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Fennel
1 tbsp Cumin
1-2 tbsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tbsp Garam Masala

Saute all the spices and veggies in oil in a heavy bottomed pan (with lid) until its cooked well. Add salt midway and vegetable stock/broth and water towards the end and bring to boil. Toss everything in a food processor and puree it. Top with fresh cilantro and spring onions, sprinkle some pepper and lemon juice and serve with bread/corn on the side for a healthy dinner!

Note: Adjust the veg. stock and water proportion to create a soup as thick or thin as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...