Saturday, August 4, 2012

Paneer Tikka

Did I tell you already that I love to host parties? It gives me such pleasure to be able to plan a party in my head and execute it exactly the way I planned. My closes friends and S (am sure) are convinced that its some form of OCD. They call me Monica, and I actually like that! 

I have to make elaborate plans.
I have to send out atleast a 100 mails in the process of preparation.
I have to be able to make as many things to eat as I possibly can, and in record time.
I have to photograph them before anyone digs into it. And it naturally ends up here and on facebook.

I tried to grill Paneer Tikkas for one such party recently, and here it is:




To make 12 Skewers, with 3-4 Paneers in each.

Marinade: Prep previous night and soak in the refrigerator.

  • Yogurt - 1 cup
  • Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
  • Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
  • Oil - 1 tbsp, 1 more for brushing (later)
  • Garam Masala - 1 tbsp
  • Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
  • Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
  • Jeera Powder - 1 tbsp
  • Methi, crushed - 1 pinch
  • Salt - 2 tbsp

Mix all of the above and pour into a wide bottom vessel.

Veggies
  • Cut Paneer into cubes (~45 pieces)
  • Chop Onions and Bell Peppers into similar sized pieces. They need to be big enough to thread in the skewers.
  • Cherry Tomatoes
Soak the veggies in the marinade overnight. Keep this in the refrigerator.

Threading & Grilling
  1. Line the bottom of your oven with an Aluminum Foil or parchment paper. This is done in order to prevent the Oven from steaming/sizzling when the marinade drips from the skewers.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350F. If you like a smoked taste to the Paneer, broil instead.
  3. You would need a pack of Bamboo skewers. Soak these in water for 10-15 mins, so they don't char instantly upon grilling. 
  4. Carefully thread the pre-soaked veggies in the pre-soaked bamboo skewers in order: Onions - Capsicum - Paneer - Tomato, and repeat!
  5. Take a cooking brush (a new paint brush washed well) and dip in oil. Brush the veggie threaded in the skewer slightly.
  6. Place these in a cookie baking tray and keep them in the oven for 20 mins total, turning the skewers every 5 mins to have all sides evenly grilled.
  7. The marinade is lip-smackingly-delish and can be used as a dip!
 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome nivi!,perfectly grilled paneer and veggies look . I am thinking what can be a quick breakfast and ended up seeing this post and now am very hungry! I better make a move :D

    ReplyDelete

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...