Saturday, July 14, 2012

Let's go Cuckoo !

You know... it's summer n all ?

It's super hot on the east coast... so, I had picked up lots of cucumbers and watermelons when I shopped 2 weeks ago.

I chopped up the first one, and sprinkled some salt, pepper and chilli powder and made an evening snack out of it. But then, I came across a cocktail recipe on Pottery Barn and decided to try a variant at the party we were hosting on July 3.

Presenting to you - Let's go Cuckoo ! :)




  • Take 5-10 Cucumber slices and mash them up using a muddler to extract the juice.
  • Toss them in the cocktail shaker
  • Add 1 small measure of sugar syrup
  • Add 2 measures of Tequila
  • Add 1.5 measure of Soda or Water
  • Stir them up a bit and keep aside
  • Add in just a pinch of lemon pepper powder
  • On a small side plate - Add some salt, lemon pepper, chilli powder 
  • Take a nice cocktail glass and dip it rim first on the side plate so that the rim gets lined with the spice mix
  • Then carefully pour the mixed drink into the glass, through a cocktail strainer that holds back the cucumbers and seeds (you can let the cucumbers fall through if you want)
  • Decorate with a slice, and serve it like a pro!

I loved it, and so did a bunch of my friends :)

4 comments:

  1. ah, the showstopper at your party is here :). I love the name, its so funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! I can't tell you how excited I was about the name :P

      The rest of the gang found it funny too ;)

      Delete

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...