Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sour Cream Blueberry Bread

Everybody's first choice when it comes to home baked bread defaults to the Banana Bread. I'd have done the same, but then it has been tried and tested and I've gotten bored of it already.

I love the flavor and texture that Sour Cream adds to breads/cakes. After slow-cooking several recipes that I found online in my head... I decided to try a Banana-Blueberry-SourCream bread this afternoon. The bread is baking and the house has this wonderful aroma. I cannot wait to slice them, drizzle butter on top and have them with some coffee! S is away for his Sunday cricket, and I hope the bread 'll last till he is back :)






Here's the recipe I followed:

Bowl 1

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1/4 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Cinnamon

Bowl 2

2 Eggs
2 Oz Butter
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence

Fruit Bowl

1 Banana Mashed up
3/4 Cup of Blueberries
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F, and grease a bread loaf pan with butter spray.
  • Mix Bowl 1 together. Beat Bowl 2 together. Add in Bowl 1 to Bowl 2 and beat until smooth.
  • Further, add Banana mash into the mix and top with Blueberries and fold into the batter
  • Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 mins or until brown on sides and baked fully.

2 comments:

  1. Ah , I dont get blueberries here at all. And every other month you make something with blueberries. I can only dream about these . :)

    Banana and blueberries - interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I didnt realize we dont get blueberries in India. You can replace with golden raisins - it will taste equally lovely. I am positive!

      Delete

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...