Sunday, December 9, 2012

Orange Nut Bread

'Cuties' as they are called are my favorite fruits. Tiny, easy to peel, seedless sweet oranges that come in crates of 24 and called 'Cuties' would be the #1 selling fruits if only they were marketed right! Somehow, they are not available in our local supermarket at all times. So when I do find them, I buy them in an instant.

After patiently emptying almost half the cart of cuties myself, I decided to try something new with the rest. You guessed right, I tried to make Orange Bread. It came out pretty well, and I made 2 packets of bread and took them to my colleagues M and J :)


Orange Nut Bread

Bowl 1
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
3 tbsp grated Orange Zest
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup chopped Nuts
1/2 tbsp Salt

Bowl 2

2 Eggs
1 Cup Orange Juice, freshly squeezed and strained
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
2 Oz Butter, Melted
  • Preheat the oven to 175F
  • Beat bowl 2 together. Add in Bowl 1 mixture and blend until well mixed.
  • Pour into a prepared bread pan and bake until cake rises and sides become golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Roughly 50 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...