Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Spinach Cucumber Soup

Eating significantly smaller portions than what I am used to gives me a nagging headache. I usually last 4 meals before I give up and remind myself I should start eating normally n just exercise regularly.

Who am I kidding, Right? We all know how that one ends... And it's not even New Years yet.

Anyway, green has a calming effect on me. And it also makes for a pretty colorful bowl of soup.

So, Monday night I served Spinach Cucumber Soup !


Makes 2 large bowls -

Spinach, 1 bunch roughly chopped
Cucumber, 1 long, peeled and sliced
Veg Stock, 1 cup
Butter, 1 tbsp
Peppercorns, Fennel, Jeeraham - 1 tbsp each finely ground
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 2-3 tbsp
Salt - 1.5 tbsp

Add chopped spinach and cucumber in a heavy bottomed pan with enough stock & water to cook the vegetables. Once cooked, cool and purée in a blender. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and add the spice powder and ginger garlic paste and sauté for a few mins. Add the purée to the spices and stir in the salt and lemon juice. Serve hot or cold with some bread on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like to try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...